English with friends In Barcelona

Hi Guys!
I'm back in Barcelona and teaching during the day. I have 15 years experience of teaching TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language).
Currently I have some private classes and teach classes in companies in Barcelona. I have a website called Destination English. It's been a passion for me and I love teaching.
I've been going to some of the Intercambios of language going on through the various Meetup groups in Barcelona. Although they are great for people who want to socialize and meet new friends, I'd really like to see something that engages people more with English.
It could be through drama and music. I'm exploring activities and places/community centers where I could try out my ideas. It's time for a revolution, to cut out the middle men (The schools) and bring English into the public arena.

This is Alex, we met at a Meetup. He's in Liverpool this weekend checking out the Beatles history. I hope to interview him about his experiences in my next Blog. What impressed me about Alex, was that his English was practically fluent. He didn't need traditional classes, I suggested it was better for him to mix with native speakers to improve his social English. I proposed that he could help me teach our beginners and help with translation. He's from the Dominican Republic but has been living here in Barcelona for 22 years.

Anyone wishing to join me and collaborate in the organisation is welcome and guaranteed to improve their English. I have set up a facebook closed group for the moment. I think that after the New Year it will be possible to open a Meetup with lots of workshop activities for different levels.

If you are interested to help or participate in workshops, then mail me at: zackqureshi@gmail.com

Comments